Emergency Response to Terrorism Web & Skills
This is a two-part course that includes 8 hours of on-line didactic material, followed by an 8-hour face-to-face skills training day that includes scenario- and simulation-based, hands-on training exercises. The training is for a multidisciplinary population of learners, including paramedic/firefighters, emergency medical technicians, hospital personnel, and law-enforcement officers.
The global learning objectives are:
• Recognize a potential terrorist incident and initiate incident operations
• Implement personal and public safety protective measures
• Perform appropriate decontamination
• Implement incident and unified command systems and perform effective intra- and inter-agency communication
• Provide emergency medical care specific to incident/patient type(s).
Skills training classes can be scheduled upon group request.